Monday, September 9, 2013

A reveleation

I'm finally getting down on my daughter's level. I have constantly worried about what I have to do (laundry.. birthday planning, )
But all these things come into question, when I really wonder how important are these material items?

& I question my upbringing, and society. Then, I come to the conclusion that birthdays should be about giving and celebrating life. As a child all those gifts never made me happy at the end of the day, and now as an adult nothing was very memorable. So I'm going to make it a tradition that for my daughter's birthdays we set it around a charity theme and offer the option of a donation to charity instead of a gift.

I've had an off feeling for quite a while and tried to figure out what it was, it's been society all along. It's been judgement, consumerism, things I always thought were normal. I wonder if anyone else feels like this? My angel doesn't need gifts. She doesn't need a million clothes, or to watch t.v in excess.

She needs love, values, kindness and a mother that can show her what holidays and celebration are really about. What a change this will be for me!

With this revelation, I've learned to spend more time teaching and playing with her than doing all these unimportant "other" things.

No comments:

Post a Comment