Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Being confrontational

   Daily life can throw a multitude of situations at you. Imaginary or real, as a woman I feel like my emotions go from one to the next real quick. Or that's how I perceive the day when I sit down and look back on it (do all females do this?) 

   I'm confrontational. Whether it's Sally in line who decided to cut in front of me on the bus or Rolanda from the Deli who is making it a point to sigh loudly during my order -- Yes I will damn sure take shredded cheese on my bun and an extra slow drizzle of mustard. Art. Make my buns art. 

   It baffles me the amount of people that pass through your life, that think they are entitled to comment on your life as if you had personally offended them by getting out of bed and existing.  I am who I was yesterday, and I will be the same me tomorrow.  Unless I decide to be you. Which I wont,  because I like myself.  Most of the time. There's the few occasions when I'm like who is this grumpy woman but I can usually rectify that situation with dark chocolate and a good few hours away from society. Because I've come to realize that the consistent judgment on whether I opened the door fast enough for an elderly woman to how I'm pushing my cart in the toiletries aisle aren't going to pay my bills at the end of the day. From strangers to friends, whether I did something small to get the stink eye or made a decision in my life for myself that offended you - I really couldn't care less anymore. My manners only extend so far and beyond that point I seem to turn into a real lion, and apparently people really don't like it when you aren't them.

No comments:

Post a Comment