Sunday, July 31, 2016

Being a Parent, and also a human.

How easy is it to look at another parent in judgement?
My journey as a parent, since the day my daughter was born, has been the most changing experience in my life.
My eyes opened to a bigger picture, and one vivid color that painted my family life... was judgement.

I breastfed.
I home birthed.
I changed up the vaccinations.

Does that ring "selfish" in someone's mind out there?
My daughter comes first, the welfare of my child is #1 priority in my life. These are things I should only have to explain to myself, to make sure I'm keeping myself aware of her needs.
Yet, for some reason, some people think it's okay to force their parenting views into our life.

I am human, I am aware, I am a mother. I'm well-researched, with more to learn. I am articulate, and with a need to be humble, I can state that I will always have more to learn.

Even without these attributes, all parent's deserve the respect of personal space and boundaries.
The flaws are blinding.

No comments:

Post a Comment